We received inquiry and someone will shortly be in contact with you.
You will get a notification to your email address.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us anytime.
PADI: Professional Association of Diving Instructors
PADI is the leading diver training organization in the world with over forty years' experience, 135,000 diving professionals, and 5,700 professional PADI dive shops and resorts worldwide. Pacific Coast Dive Center is the safest and most experienced in Costa Rica. Certified diving instructors and Dive Masters guides supervise all water activities. PCDC is a PADI center and is certified by the Commission of Tourism of Costa Rica. We are an organization authorized to conduct courses that guarantee a PADI certificate.
PADI Training Courses:
Open Water Diver: This program consists of theoretical and practical training to obtain certification.
• The practice includes 5 sessions in the pool for 2 days and then 4 dives in open water for two consecutive days.
• The theoretical part will require self-study, with homework that must be completed, so make sure you have sufficient time The certification for both children and adults, is based on mastery learning. Junior Diver certification cards set restrictions based on age. After certification, 10-11 year olds have the restriction of diving with the parent, guardian or PADI Professional to a maximum depth of 12 metres/40 feet, those of 12-14 years old must dive with a certified adult.to complete it. The course includes book, a diving log and display of five videos.
Upon completion of this program you obtain certification as a PADI Open Water Diver to a maximum depth of 18 mtrs/60ft.
- The price of this program is $ 530
- Referal: for students who have already completed the theoretical and pool training at another dive center. $ 340
- PADI elearning $ 400 (theory already completed online, pool training and open water dives still required for completion of course)
Advance Open Water Diver: Diving Students must meet the following requirements.
• Complete 5 Adventure Dives including deep diving and underwater navigation.
• Complete 5 knowledge reviews of adventure dives and study relevant chapters of manual.
The 5 dives are performed in a period of 3 days with two dives per day. The third day includes a dive gift for personal enjoyment, a total of 6 dives.
• Price $ 600 (book included)
Divers under 15 years of age can obtain the Junior Diver certification. All course requirements except the depths of the dives, apply to the junior divers unless specifically stated in the guidance of course instructor.
The certification for both children and adults, is based on mastery learning. Junior Diver certification cards set restrictions based on age. After certification, 10-11 year olds have the restriction of diving with the parent, guardian or PADI Professional to a maximum depth of 12 meters/40 feet, those of 12-14 years old must dive with a certified adult.